Details: Counsellor/ Talking Therapist/ Senior Practitioner (Sessional)
Thriving Survivors are seeking an experienced, communicative, and compassionate trauma informed counsellor/senior practitioner to join our team, to support the physical, emotional, and mental well-being of our clients. In this role, you will work directly with clients to actively listen to problems and concerns and suggest healthy and productive ways of coping with those issues. This role requires someone who enjoys working closely with people—not just with clients, but also with other members of our team and occasionally outside agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To assess clients presenting with complex trauma.
2. To maintain a caseload within the agency by forming therapeutic, trusting and respectful relationships with people accessing our services.
3. To deliver support sessions using different platforms, including telephone, webcam and face-to-face
4. To maintain case notes, assessments, outcome data and any other information needed by the service.
5. To assist the Thriving Survivors Management Team in the development, co-ordination and monitoring of all counselling / support services and procedures.
6. To actively participate in one-to-one and group supervision.
7. To liaise with other Thriving Survivors services where appropriate
8. To liaise with other agencies and refer clients onto them if appropriate.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Suitable candidates will ideally have experience or knowledge of the following:
· Diploma in counselling or other relevant experience/qualification
· Track record of trauma training and trauma informed practice.
· At least 2 years’ experience working with clients who have suffered trauma in childhood. Including sexual, domestic, physical, and emotional abuse.
· Applicants should be committed to personal and professional development. We are especially interested in counsellors qualified in EMDR although this is not essential.
· Knowledge of complex trauma
· Awareness of current standards, issues and practices pertaining to counselling/trauma informed practice
· Ability to communicate accurately and effectively with colleagues, service users and other agencies
· Ability to draft and present information clearly and concisely
· Ability to build trusting professional and therapeutic relationships with service users
· Ability to undertake written assessments and support plans in consultation with service users
Suitable candidates will also require:
· To be computer literate, especially in use of Microsoft Office software
· Protecting Vulnerable Group [PVG] Scheme membership: Adults & Children (where membership has not been attained the suitable candidate will be required to meet the cost of the membership
Closing Date: 05/02/2024
Contract length: Projected Funded for 3 year term.
Expected Interview date: Feb 2024
Expected start date: Feb/March 2024
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability status.
Please send a covering letter and CV to David Russell or any enquiries – David.Russell@Thrivingsurvivors.co.uk